Against Substance Abuse in Pope County (ASAP) Coalition
211 East Minnesota Avenue
Glenwood, MN 56334
Phone: (320) 762-3079
- Responsible Beverage Server Training
- Positive Community Norms Media Campaign
- Collection of youth substance use data
- Resource for info on youth substance use
Against Substance Abuse in Pope County (ASAP) is a coalition made up of community members who have come together to make Pope County a safe place by reducing youth substance use. ASAP is funded by a five year federal grant program called Drug Free Communities.
The coalition has the following two goals:
1. Increase and strengthen community collaboration to support prevention efforts.
2. Reduce substance use among youth in the Pope County area.
What does ASAP do out in the community?
- We provide We provide Responsible Beverage Server Training to local liquor establishments to educate their servers on how to identify underage buyers and over-intoxication.
- We work with the SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions) student group at Minnewaska Schools to help empower students to make good choices.
- We have put in place the Social Host Ordinance in Pope County which makes it unlawful for persons to knowingly allow
The coalition meets the second Thursday of the month from 12-1pm. If you are interested in joining our cause, please contact Katie at email@example.com or 320-634-7822.