Amelia-Villard-Leven Lakes Association
P.O. Box 121
Villard, MN 56385
Hours of Operation
The AVL Lakes Association is a Minnesota nonprofit corporation comprised of volunteers who through their collective effort work to safeguard and improve all conditions on Lake Amelia, Lake Villard and Lake Leven.
- To preserve and improve the natural resources and public infrastructure that surrounds the AVL three-lake community.
- To convey relative information to its members about best environmental practices, current state/local laws and recreational activities.
- To collaborate with DNR, local government units, service organizations, local businesses and churches to provide amenities that enhance the quality of life for our community and lake(s) residents.
Board of Directors
Ronald V. Cin
Rae Ann Trattles
Updates from The Amelia-Villard-Leven Lake Association
CAUTION! BLUE ALGAE HAS BEEN FOUND IN LAKE AMELIA AS OF 7/10/22. EXPOSURE TO BLUE ALGAE POSES HEALTH RISKS TO HUMANS AS WELL AS PETS. IF THE LAKE SMELLS BAD OR LOOKS BAD DON'T GO IN IT IS THE GENERAL RULE.
THE AVL ANNUAL MEETING IS THURSDAY AUGUST 11TH FROM 7:00-8:00 AT THE METHODIST CHURCH IN VILLARD. THE MEETING CAN ALSO BE ACCESSED VIA ZOOM WITH THE MEETING I.D. 823 2613 2552 PASSCODE:110241
ATTENDANCE IS IMPORTANT AS WE WILL BE HAVING 3 GUEST SPEAKERS ABOUT IMPACTS ON OUR 3 LAKES. DO TRY TO ATTEND PLEASE!
- Runestone Telecom has nearly completed the installation of the main fiber optic line. They are now starting the process of splicing the main line and will soon be connecting households to the fiber optic network. For more information on internet plans and costs, please visit Runestone's web sight at www.Runestone.net.
- The AVL has been meeting on several different matters to consider as part of our budget in 2022. Some of those subjects include: To hire a professional survey company to determine the extent of invasive species in all 3 lakes, improving our fish resources, public access improvements especially for winter fishing,high?low water levels, just to name a few. If anyone has other concerns to be reviewed by the board, please use the AVL E mail to forward any requests.
- Note the new E mail address of the Lake Association. It is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use this E mail to get information on AVL business or to contact the association. This E mail address wil be used to facilitate future communications to our association members.
- The AVL association has applied for a grant from the DNR to help pay for a survey that is to be conducted on all three of our lakes. This survey will show what aquatic invasive species are present in our waters. This includes zebra mussels as well as the presence of invasive aquatic weeds. Once we know what AIS species we are dealing with, on the advice and help of professionals, we will determine the best plan of action to control or eliminate these lake hazards.
- It is with great pleasure to announce that our application for grant money to survey our three lakes for invasive species has been approved. Pope county has granted the AVL $5300.00 as part of the cost for the survey. The AVL portion for the survey is $600.00. Blue Water is the independent company that will do the survey. You will see divers and equipment on all our lakes removing samples of different weeds and or any other organisms they may find.
- It is more important then ever that we all use the free boat cleaning station located at the Amelia lake access. The spread of these invasive species is growing in volume..Let's all do our part to preserve the quality of our waters for ourselves as well as future generations.
- THE AVL lake association is looking for a board member as a replacement for Dennis Stark who represented Lake Leven as part of our three lakes. We thank Dennis for his participation on the Lake Association for many years. If you are interested in joining the Board, please contact any member listed on this web page. Ideally it would be great to have a representative from either Lake Villard or Lake Leven as all other members are Lake Amelia residents.
- Thanks to all AVL members who paid their dues early this year. the winners of the gift car give aways are: Dale and Margaret Randt, Joe and Sharon Schwieters, Jon and Diane Gruhot, Jen Barthel, Casey Long, Darrell and Bernice Oerter, Matt Eckstein, John and Joy Stillman, David and DeeAnn Clopton, Bud Johnson, Don and Patty Boeder, Bob and Arlene Borner, Matt and Carrie Williams, Aaron and Sarah Crandall, John Valentin, Trevor and Margaret Diggins, Steve and Rita Salitros, Todd and Jen Iverson, Frank and Linda Cannon, Corey and Karen Peterson, and Dave and Jen Anderson. If you have not paid your 2022 AVL membership please do so as soon as possible. The AVL board relies on these dues to support the projects to better our lake conditions and environment.