Amelia-Villard-Leven Lakes Association
P.O. Box 121
Villard, MN 56385
Hours of Operation
The AVL Lakes Association is a Minnesota nonprofit corporation comprised of volunteers who through their collective effort work to safeguard and improve all conditions on Lake Amelia, Lake Villard and Lake Leven.
- To preserve and improve the natural resources and public infrastructure that surrounds the AVL three-lake community.
- To convey relative information to its members about best environmental practices, current state/local laws and recreational activities.
- To collaborate with DNR, local government units, service organizations, local businesses and churches to provide amenities that enhance the quality of life for our community and lake(s) residents.
Board of Directors
Updates from The Amelia-Villard-Leven
We sincerely ask our area lake residents (new) as well as past who have not renewed their membership for the Lake Association to please do so as soon as possible. Our membership goal for 2020 is 250. We currently have 204 members. With your support we will continue to work for the welfare of our three lakes and appropriate funds as necessary to protect their cleanliness, enjoyment and safety. Membership Dues for 2020 should be sent to Kay Wernsing, Treasurer at AVL Lakes Association, Box 121, Villard, MN 56385.
membership is $30.00 annually
- The AVL Lake Association has been working hard to bring high speed broadband to this area. By now most of you have received a letter of intent from Runestone Telecom. You can view the letter here. As the letter states, it is up to the State of Minnesota to award the grant money to whom they see as residents/business areas in need. Kent Hedstrom, General manager/CEO of Runestone telecom asks for area residents to write a letter of support for the project. It is the unanimous consensus of the AVL board to support this effort, and we ask our AVL residents to please take the time to drop a note or letter to Kent about the importance of Fiber Optic broadband for you, your business, your family. It is our goal to arm Kent with resident support letters so as to gain the grant dollars needed. All broadband support letters must be received by Kent Hedstrom no later then September 18th. To date, Kent has told us he has received about 50 letters. There are other areas of the state bidding for grant money as well, so let's flood Kent with broadband support letters to assure we are picked. For more information about the project you may call Kent at 320-986-2013.
Your letters can be mailed to : *Or if preferred, an e-mail will work as well. Kent’s e-mail address is: email@example.com
- Kent Hedstrom
- PO Box 336 Hoffman,Mn. 56339
- On the same note: The local newspaper the Pope County Tribune published the web address for all to take a broadband speed test for Pope County. The test is to determine download,upload,and ping speeds for all homes and businesses. Please take the time for this short one minute test. The sight address is