About Central Square
We are a Cultural and Civic Center supporting the arts in the community of Glenwood, Minnesota. Our restored, historical building hosts many different forms of art from music to fine art galleries, and from dance to numerous exhibits.
Central Square was built in 1916 as the high school for Glenwood. It is a key part of Pope County's history. Its auditorium was dedicated on May 28, 1937, as an addition to Glenwood Central High School (now relocated as Minnewaska Area High School). The building with the historic auditorium and gymnasium were preserved and rededicated as Central Square on June 10, 1995.